- Baitfeeding System allows for disengagement of the spool and free-running line without opening the bail
- Multi-disk drag system with Japanese oiled felt drag washers
- Six ball bearings and one quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Corrosion resistant construction and materials; one-year warranty
Product DescriptionThe Avenger ABF Series of Baitcasting Reels are known for providing a combination of quality construction, great performance, and affordable value. Okuma's patented baitfeeding system allows for disengagement of the spool and free-running line without opening the bail. Predators are allowed to pick up a bait and run with little resistance as they commit to eating--in order to provide a solid hookset. With a turn of the handle, the spool and drag system engage to set the hook and fight the fish. Coming in sizes 20 through 90 to accommodate most applications, from walleye to catfish--and--stripers to rockfish, this series has most baitcast anglers covered.
- Patented On/Off auto trip bait feeding system
- Multi-disk, Japanese-oiled felt drag washers
- Six stainless steel ball bearings
- One Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
- Corrosion resistant graphite body
- Rigid, die-cast aluminum handle design
- Machined aluminum handle knob (sizes 40 through 80)
- Patented S-Curve Oscillation System
- 20-size features Precision Elliptical Gearing system
- Machined aluminum, two-tone anodized, ported spool
- Hydro Block water tight drag seal
- Corrosion resistant, stainless steel bail wire
- RESII: Computer balanced rotor equalizing system
- Spare ported graphite spool included
- One-year warranty
Okuma's Avenger baitfeeding system allows anglers to disengage their spinning reel spool and allow their bait to run freely. The baitfeeding system incorporates a secondary, micro-adjustable drag system at the rear of the reel that allows for precise adjustment of the spool for bait control. In order to disengage this system, simply turn the handle. The On/Off lever on the rear of the reel will automatically disengage the baitfeeding system so you can fight your fish with the main drag system.
The Okuma Avenger "ABF" baitfeeder spinning reel reflects a refinement and precision that is the culmination of a decade of research and development. It is a unique combination of tournament grade spinning reel and Okuma's patented live line bait feeding system. The Avenger "ABF" series puts a new spin on the traditional world of reels, and more importantly, what can be expected from them. Quite simply, these are ultra smooth, precision crafted reels. The light weight CNC machined spools are fitted with super smooth oil-soaked felt washers. The reel features six sealed ball bearings, for smooth operation. The Avenger ABF uses Okuma's live bait feeding system. The easy-to-reach lever (located on the body behind the handle) disengages the spool to allow the line to run freely. The tension of the free spool can be adjusted with the rear adjustment (which looks and works like a rear drag). The bait feeding system allows a fish to pick up the bait and run without feeling the drag of the reel. When you are ready to set the hook, you flip down the baitfeeder lever to engage the drag, and the conventional front drag takes over.